Top Foods That Burn Fat!
Everyone wants to know the secret to burning fat quick. They look for the latest and greatest training routine, diet, or weird contraption that once implemented or used will just melt the fat right off in the shortest time possible. That’s how most weight loss products are marketed nowadays and to be completely honest with you, it doesn’t matter what type of routine you’re on or what contraption you use, if your diet isn’t in check.
Not many people know that the foods that they eat everyday can have an affect on how quickly they burn off calories. Some foods can help fire up the bodies metabolism causing you to burn more calories while at rest. The more calories your body can burn off while not performing strenuous exercise, can be advantageous when you perform daily cardio. That will allow you to burn even more calories daily, melting the fat off your body (providing that you don’t eat more calories than your body can burn, but that’s a different article altogether).
Before we get into the foods, I want to talk a little bit about metabolism and your bodies ability to burn calories at rest, for those newbies out there.
Now, if you didn’t know, your body burns calories throughout the day. You burn calories when you’re sitting at your computer browsing the internet, while you’re at work, while you’re sleeping, etc. The amount of calories that your body burns at rest is called your basal metabolic rate or BMR. Some people have a higher BMR than others. Everyone has a friend that can eat whatever they want, without going to the gym and they seem to never be able to put on any weight. That person has a very high BMR, which can be a gift and a curse at the same time.
Now why can some foods actually help you burn fat?
Some foods have a high thermic effect on the body, which means that when you eat it, it actually uses energy (calories) to break it down and digest it. So you’re pretty burning much more calories than you would at rest, when you eat it. You may have heard that eating spicy foods can help you lose weight, that is because spicy foods have a high thermic effect on the body.
Let’s get into it, here are the top foods that burn fat:
● Black Coffee: Note that I say black coffee, and not coffee with added cream and sugar which most of the time can actually add unwanted calories to your diet. It has been proven that caffeine helps to boost your BMR. If you take a look at leading fat burners on the market, a main ingredient in it will be caffeine.
● Green Tea and Oolong Tea: Tea contains caffeine which as stated above will help with burning calories. Once again, you can skip the sugars and cream that you may add to the tea. Green tea, along with coffee is also a great appetite suppressant as well.
● Spicy Foods: If you love eating spicy foods, this is a bonus for you. Hot chili peppers and cayenne pepper are great at increasing your bodies temperature level temporarily increasing your metabolism.
● Protein: Have you ever heard that eating meats will help get you lean? Replacing some carbohydrates with protein can help you lose weight because your body burns more calories digesting lean meats than it would pasta or bread. Pair this up with a solid workout routine to build muscle and you will turn your body into a fat burning furnace.
● Oatmeal: A bodybuilding staple food. Starting your day off with this meal rich in soluble fiber will make your body work hard to digest it, burning more calories. It will also help you feel full and can help decrease bad cholesterol (LDL), lowering your total cholesterol number. Plain oatmeal is the way to go. Stay away from oatmeal loaded with sugars.
● Almonds: Almonds are nutritionally dense, meaning you get a lot of good from a little serving. They contain essential fatty acids that will rev up your metabolism.
● Apples: These fruits contain plenty of fiber to keep you feeling full and make your body work hard to digest them.
● Water: Your body is mostly water. You need it to survive, but it can also help you use calories more readily. It’s also a natural appetite suppressant. .
● Healthy oils such as fish oil, coconut oil, or olive oil: Many fats are given a bad rap when it comes to burning fat. Why eat fats and oils when you want to lose fat? But these fats often help you burn more fat off your body. Omega-3 fatty acids, and natural fats can boost your metabolism significantly.
This is pretty much it for the top foods that burn fat. Working these foods into your diet will not only give you temporary benefits of burning fat, but long term health benefits as well. Eating these foods along with tracking your daily calories, exercising, and eating healthy unprocessed foods is the quickest and easiest way to lose weight. See you in the next article.